Sunday, February 05, 2006


Here I Stand

Today I finished Here I Stand by Roland H. Bainton, a life of Martin Luther. It is an outstanding book. I am biased because I love biographies, and even more biased because Luther was a reformer. However, the Lord mightily used this book to teach me many things about spiritual warfare, standing upon the foundation of Christ, and never folding when it comes to obeying what the Bible says. The man was a servant of the Word of God. I also came to find out that most people (including myself before this book) know very little about his contributions after defecting from the Catholic church. His accomplishments demand that we look to Jesus and give him praise for supplying Luther with strength. Jesus spoke life to us when he said, "Apart from me you can do nothing." Anyone who is looking for a great read about a man who was just like us in his struggles and temptations, I commend this book to you. God is gracious and good to use ordinary men to bring about his sovereign purposes.

3 comments:

D.O. said...

you're just a little post master huh? and a reader master? and a Brandone Master.

I didn't read your other posts because they were too long, and I'm too elemenarian.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen said...

Brandon, it was very nice runing into you today at your place of employment! Hope all is going well in these last few months of your life as a college student and a single man!