Friday, June 23, 2006


You would think I would have more time to think and write quality posts on here more often considering school is over for me; however, I'm finding out that it is not so. But for good reasons...because hanging out with real people, talking and planning the wedding with Bethan, and reading are all much, much more satisfying than keeping up with this thing. Nonetheless, I feel like posting something.

Being human, I realize the bent we all have to sin. In fact, outside of God's work in us, we try very hard to sin. Apart from being born-again, humans are geared to love sin and desire it. And while knowing this, I still am dumbfounded at passages like Isaiah 53:6 - "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way. And the Lord has laid upon him the iniquity of us all." So, as humans go about their merry way, loving sin...God redeems a sinful people to himself and calls them his own. And not only this, but he does it by way of killing his own Son Jesus. And this tells me something: God's love for his glory is greater than our love for sin. God's desire to show his worth among humans abounds to the extent that he will crush his own Son in order to pay for the sins of many, that they might see his glory and worship him forever. Therefore, I am glad that when my flesh crawls for sin, I know that God will counteract it with His own greater desire for his glory to be seen.

1 comment:

bekah said...

And by His grace, it is so sweet to realize this over and over again!

Thank you for the reminder Brandon!!

I pray that you have an awesome summer and keeping your priorities in check! That is a good reminder, too, that a blog, or email or whatever is only secondary to people and relationships and the Lord!!

Hope to see you around at church, and I definitely can't wait to see you in July!

<3 Bekah!