Friday, September 23, 2005


(Yep...Zach does CD reviews as well. But here's one he can't do yet, because it's not out!) What's that? Yes I know that the new Crowder CD has not come out yet. But somehow, a copy made its way into my hands and my ears have been feasting on Crowder's creativity throughout this 21 track masterpiece. I dare say that the David Crowder Band is quite possibly the best thing that ever happened to Christian music. This album somewhat takes up where Illuminate left off style-wise. It is a broad mixture of slightly techno background effects mixed with rock/acoustics, which all blend together to make a style of its own. One thing that is great about Crowder's songs is that you come away from listening to it, knowing that the man who wrote the songs is genuine in his faith. His words are often simple, yet provoking and - I don't know about you - but they lead me to be more vulnerable with Jesus...that is, forgetting about putting on a show for the Lord and coming clean and being real with Him. IT IS GOOD STUFF!! So, on September 27th when it comes out, buy two copies and give one to someone else. It is that good!

No comments: