Thursday, September 28, 2006

"The bodies of 40 men who were shot and had their hands and feet bound have been found in the capital over the past 24 hours, police said Thursday. All the victims showed signs of torture, police Lt. Thayer Mahmoud said. They were dumped in several neighborhoods in both eastern and western Baghdad, he said. The top U.S. military spokesman in Iraq, , Maj. Gen. William B. Caldwell, on Wednesday said murders and executions are currently the main cause of civilian deaths in Baghdad. Much of the violence has been attributed to death squads, many of which are thought to be offshoots of mainly Shiite militias." -CNN.com

I was confronted this morning by a lingering question concerning this article: Who will take the gospel to the "death squads"? Just something to think about...I know I will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Brandon said, "I know I will," he was not referring to the fact that he would think about who would take the gospel, rather he was saying that he was going to take the gospel, which is why he hasn't updated his blog in forever. Just thought I'd let his hundreds of readers know.

Brandon said...

haha...that's amazing. I should probably do that. But you know, we Christians like to pose challenging questions, but never do them ourselves. I'll update soon.