Wednesday, July 26, 2006


Flower Pelting

Indeed we were pelted with flowers. I was not able to see the culprits, however I am positive that there were several handfuls of petals that were deliberately hurled at my face rather than sprinkled upon us from above. You wouldn't think that flower petals hurt at high speeds...and you would be right in thinking so, because they didn't. So, it really just makes the guy throwing them look a little foolish. But I digress...

Needless to say there are many things different in my life now that I am married. A short list might provide insight as to what I mean:

-I sleep with a woman (not just any woman, namely Bethan).
-I wake up with a woman (see above).
-Bethan cooks me breakfast.
-Bethan cooks me dinner.
-Bethan drives me to work (we only have one car).
-I talk to Bethan a whole lot (and I enjoy it).
-I live with my best friend...who is a woman.
-I share a bathroom with Bethan.
-Bethan uses the toilet after I have used it (and doesn't complain).
-The dishes are washed, all the time.
-My clothes are washed, all the time.
-Bethan knows where everything is.
-It smells better here now.

And the list goes on. All of which are newfound joys in my life. And because this is so new, about every six seconds there is a teachable moment. And this is a good thing because I need to learn a lot of things; namely, how to show Bethan that Jesus is everything he says he is without letting my sin get in the way. I think she would agree as well that there are many teachable moments for her too....teachable moments that must be posted and shared. Therefore, at the risk of adding another web space to the already jam-packed blogosphere, the Rogers family (that has a nice ring to it) will soon be launching a co-published blog for the purpose mentioned above. And also to post funny pictures, cool quotes, and other random things from our new life together. I'll make another post soon with the site information.

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

wohoooo! I can't wait..


Sleepless in Louisville

bekah said...

Yayy!!

I love you guys!


-Bekah

Hendrick Family said...

I'm going to hold my breath until I see the new blog.

Hurry.

I don't have many brain cells to spare.

Jon and Sally said...

Yea! Yea! Yea!

Um. You forgot to mention that you have the coolest neighbors EVER. Hello!?!

Ok. We're pumped. Everybody's pumped. The BLR's are married!

Time for babies!! :0) Our little guy needs a girlfriend. (but keep her short ok)

Vanessa said...

haha with Brandon's genes? How about giving Baby secret a basketball buddy?

Kelly said...

very exciting! i'm looking forward to seeing the rogers in college station!

D.O. said...

Allow me to be the person who doesn't go along with the crowd for once: I don't think you need another blog. The number of blogs within my circle of friends has already gotten way out of hand, and we need not add any more blogs to the calamity. Don't listen to the Hendricks (this time).

Brandon said...

d.o. -

i'm sorry, but you don't just ignore the Hendricks. I mean seriously, what are you thinking. Come home.

Brandon

Jon and Sally said...

We would like to hear Bethan's side of the story! :)