Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"The Estes Plan"

Jon would probably be upset that I named this post after him, especially since it's about a Bible reading plan and not a new fad diet or something. Anyway, my good friend Jon has designed a Bible reading plan that I am totally enjoying. This one is different from most in that you do not read pieces from four different books per day, but you stay in one particular book so you can actually pay attention and follow what is happening to the end of the book. When we skip around aimlessly from book to book, just trying to follow a reading plan, sometimes we miss development of a particular book's theological concepts and overtones. With Jon's plans, it seems as though we get the benefit of a disciplined reading schedule as well as consistency in reading. I also like the added bonus that in one year, you go through the O.T. once and the N.T. twice, because the O.T. is nearly two and a half times bigger than the N.T. So, click here and check it out.

4 comments:

KS said...

Brandon,

I haven't gotten a chance to talk you to much this summer, so how are you doing? How's the marriage?

I need to ask you a question, After 3 months from going to the T4G conference, how are you still applying in what you learned from the conference today? Are the teachings you've listen to are still making an impact in your life today?

The reason why I am asking is that I need to be prepared in how I need to apply what I learn from the DG Conference next month. That there will be substantial results of going to that conference weeks, months and years afterwards. How will affect me with my family, friends, church and the community?

D.O. said...

sooooooooo.

I got this free ESV with a very similar plan. I think you resurgent reform people steal stuff from Piper and ESV and sell it for your own profit and I'm DISGUSTED!

just kidding.

about being disgusted.

KS said...

Brandon,

Thank you for your reply on my blog about my questions.

Have you visited some Gospel bloggers Mark Lauterback, Daniel and Dave Cruver? They have some articles on the Gospel and how it relates to different areas in our lives.

Here is Dave Cruver's Ongoing Gospel Blogger List. Add it to your sidebar if you want.

List

bekah said...

Brandon and BETHAN!!

How are you guys?

Have you disappeared into married people land??

I miss you!

I am praying for you!!

I hope you are having a grrreeat Tony the Tiger Summer!!

<3 and hugs and high-fives,
Bekah